Labels

Flash (1)

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The CSK Saga Continues

The book came! Even though it was addressed to me in Indiana and I live in Iowa, somehow it arrived at my doorstep all the way from the UK! The book is Building Websites with the ASP.NET Community StarterKit by K. Scott Allen and Cristian Darie.

I immediately jumped to the chapter on Deployment. I guess that I want to get this to my site before I start customizing it.

Since I want to keep a little game I programmed, I was particularly interested in the "Working with Other Sites" section. With this help to modify the CSK, I added my little game and got it to run locally!

Now I changed my connection for the database, made sure debug was false in the Web.config, and did a Release of the program.

From the deployment chapter information, I installed Front Page Server Extensions to my web account and then did a Copy Project deployment from Visual Studio. WOW it all worked.

I am now getting this error Login failed for user 'HOSTING\WINHOST07$'. I think this is a success! I still have no data in the database -- and the error for that one procedure. I also found an ownership fix that won't run. The login failed at least told me it was trying to attach itself to the database!

Now I'm off to find out some way to get some data in the database -- at least the admin user account!

No comments: