Well, it has been a while since I blogged, hasn't it! I have tried so many things to get CSK to run with no luck at my host. In doing so, I have learned a lot. I also learned to get another host! My host will not allow the creation of virtual directories nor the use of Enterprise Manager with SQL. This makes life more difficult than it needs to be!
I looked at the Portal Starter Kit, and decided to give it a try. It had insert scripts to actually load data into the SQL database. It worked, too! Now I am still getting a Runtime Error -- does this sound familiar? With the CSK, I was finally able to get to the ISPAdmin pages and set up communities so I know my connection string was finally right. Now, I think my hosting provider actually change location and name of the server!